Our abattoir team are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to carve a career within abattoir operations. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and learn new skills within a highly regulated environment; where you will
have the opportunity to rotate around a number of different jobs (after training) and become a multi-skilled operative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Abattoir Manager, the main duties and responsibilities are:
- You will be responsible for the processing of cattle in accordance with individual training and licensing as applicable. Duties may include: stunning; flanking, legging, trimming, back saw, hide removal, preparatory trimming.
- You will contribute as part of one team to ensure that cattle are processed in adherence with Animal Welfare Requirements, Food Safety legislation, and customer specification
- To ensure that production deadlines are met and yields maximised with minimal contamination and wastage
- To embrace training opportunities and take ownership of your own personal development
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous knife handling skills would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be willing and keen to learn, and be punctual.
Hours of work – Monday to Friday 6.30am to finish (average 42 hours/week)