Salary: Starting on £10.88/hour with the potential through training and increasing your skills to earn £16.88/hour
You will also receive a WELCOME payment of £1,000.
Hours: Monday to Friday average 45 hours per week. Early finish on Friday during off peak trading.
No experience required as training will be given however you must be physically fit.
To ensure that lambs are slaughtered in accordance with animal welfare requirements and ABP processes where operatives are licensed to carry out this task. The carcasses are dressed and trimmed according to ABP and Customer specifications as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure carcasses are dressed and trimmed according to ABP and Customer specifications as directed by the Production Supervisor
- Ensure work is carried out to the best of operative’s abilities to meet production deadlines
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Ensure that all parts of the carcase are trimmed to produce optimum production yield while adhering to legislation and company requirements
- Work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with training
- Comply with company policy and procedures on safe food handling and hygiene at all times
- Maintain responsibility for operational effectiveness of equipment and machinery and report faults to supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain personal PPE
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned
- Demonstrate high levels of animal welfare
- Work in accordance with SOP’S
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with H&S legislation in accordance with the attached Health and Safety responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to follow detailed operating procedures with a high degree of attention to detail. The candidate will follow instructions including those relating to personal health and safety and the wearing of PPE
- Level 2 Food Safety training will be given
- General operative tasks require a substantial amount of physical ability must be physically fit.
What we offer:
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Life Works – BeWell
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mobile Phone discount
- Help with Child Care costs
- Recruitment Incentive – Refer a Friend
- Car discount scheme
- Computer discount scheme
- Training and Development
- Pure Card
- Grocery Aid Helpline
- Free English Lessons
- Free parking on site
- Training and Development, as you increase your skills level you will be able to increase your hourly rate of pay.
If you are interested call the HR department on 01935 874162 or click apply