Accounts Payable Team Leader
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, support the team in accurately processing and reconciling GFR and GNFR invoices for payment. Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure invoices are processed in line with our standards, company policies and payment terms.
- Maintains absence in SAP and agrees annual leave requests in conjunction with the Accounts Payable Manager
- In conjunction with Accounts Payable Manager, prepare quarterly check in review with team members, aligning with Manager on key areas for discussion and objectives.
- Identify any training needs in the team, works with Accounts Payable Manager to agree a plan for these to be addressed.
- Coaches team in day to day activity, encouraging them to collaborate and learn from their peers in maintaining knowledge and managing daily workload and queries.
- Matching invoices to goods receipt notes ensuring accuracy in posting to the supplier accounts.
- Identify discrepancies during the matching routine, liaising with internal and external department to resolve issues with stock deliveries and pricing,
- Provide solutions to the daily clearance of invoice exceptions and subsequent processing through the system.
- Process non purchase order related invoices direct to the ledger ensuring appropriate authorisation procedures are always adhered to.
- Liaise with suppliers to provide resolutions to queries.
- Collaborates and works positively with suppliers and internal teams to actively resolve queries and maintain good working relationships.
- Escalate to the AP Manager any complex issues where further advice is needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers to help educate and resolve issues preventing payments being made.
Required skills & experience
- Some Supervisory responsibility
- Ability to guide others on processes.
- Excellent IT literacy and MS Office skills
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
- Can adapt between a variety of processing activities.
- Analytical, experience of working within a data driven environment.
- Strong team player who uses initiative and diplomacy when liaising with internal and external customers, applying discretion where needed.
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org