Are you a proactive and motivated individual keen to gain work experience in the Mental Health Care field? We are looking for an Activities Coordinator to join us at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke, with a passion for delivering excellent care to develop, plan, implement activities for our patients on full time basis.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
As an activities coordinator you will be providing activities to patients across various service lines within the hospital. Your main job role will be to co-ordinate, design and deliver a co-produced, personalised activity programme, that is occupationally balanced, risk-assessed and fully resourced, so that all individuals have the opportunity and are encouraged to engage in at least 25 hours of meaningful activity each week.
In this role you will be supporting Occupational Therapy team in delivering meaningful activity to patients including through the following tasks:
- Complete interest checklists with individuals to identify their activity preferences
- Contribute towards the planning, coordination and delivery of personalised therapeutic activity programmes within established protocols
- Work autonomously and as part of a team to deliver meaningful activity under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
- Create and update activity risk assessments, in relation to timetables.
- Ensure the provision of staff, space & materials for all activities
- Share information effectively and concisely in routine situations (effective daily documentation; attendance at meetings to handover information; face to face handovers of information to colleagues)
- Support delivery of individual and cross ward active life sessions.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
We have a designated qualified OT and OTA on each ward as well as Activity Coordinators supporting the activities around the hospital. Our environment has a holistic focus and includes a gym, ADL kitchen, IT suite, café, faith room and other ward therapeutic spaces.
Kewstoke hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-Super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment.
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support. Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
Please see full job description in the attached document
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.