Elysium Healthcare (Wellesley Hospital)
As an Activities Coordinator, you help people do something today that they couldn’t do last week as you empower their recovery to build a brighter future.
Join the multidisciplinary team at Wellesley Hospital providing care to men and women with mental health conditions in a modern and purpose-built hospital with low and medium secure environments.
You will be responsible for creating 1-1 rapports with service users to deliver a variety of person-centred activities, interventions, community integration projects and Real Work Opportunities programme for service users to engage in to support their recovery.
As an Activities Coordinator, you will create, monitor and assess therapeutic activities, service users recovery progress and vocational skills development.
This role includes out-of-hours participation.
- Contributing to the creation of patient and ward timetables, ensuring that patients have access to therapeutic interventions to meet their recovery needs.
- Providing clinical entries and outcome of activities using an electronic patient database system
- Assisting the Occupational Therapy team in auditing and managing the therapy area
- To use creative and Organisational skills in providing cultural events for the ward and hospital
To be successful as Activity Coordinator, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of working in a secure environment
- Previous experience of working with people complex needs.
- Previous experience of organising/facilitating social events and activities.
- Any relevant certificates, courses and skills that would enhance the delivery and diversity of therapeutic activities
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £19,500
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Share this job