Are you Passionate about the wellbeing of Older People? Do you have a flair for creativity and an energy to make a difference in people’s lives? Are you flexible, yet determined in your approach to enhancing the lives of Older People? Are you able to work ‘in the moment’ and pick up on the subtle communication clues of people living with Dementia? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Job Summary: As the Activities Leader, you will support residents to be occupied, stimulated, and engaged by ensuring that the home delivers a range of meaningful mental and physical activities that reflects their life histories, interests and preferences.
- Support each resident to enjoy the highest possible quality of life, surrounded by love, friendship and support within a Christian environment.
- To motivate, guide, support and direct care home staff in the home activity provision, under the direction of the Head of Care and in partnership with Team Leaders.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of residents’ current level of physical, cognitive and psychological ability that will result in the provision of personally meaningful activities that will most engage residents and promote their wellbeing.
- Plan, organise, promote, provide appropriate resourcing and ensure the delivery of a weekly (7 days) programme of meaningful activities.
- In Partnership with Care staff, maintain full and accurate records of activities in order to monitor, record and evaluate individual and group participation and success.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of organising and delivering activities for people experiencing physical and psychological difficulties
- Be passionate about doing anything you can to improve the lives of the people who live in the home
- Good people leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of people
- Appropriate Social Care Qualification achieved or ability to work towards a Level 3 qualification specific to Activities with Older People
To find out more about the role please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to complete your application please download and read the job profile attachment on the left.
In the job profile you will find the criteria required for the role please make sure that you address this in your supporting statement.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK, Enhanced DBS Disclosure and proof of the full course of an approved COVID-19 vaccination and any required boosters.