The Commercial and Procurement Team (based within Somerset County Council) is looking for ambitious individuals who will operate within a complex, dynamic and commercial and procurement environment to ensure the provision of a prompt, sustainable and professional service to our internal customers. You will be part of a collaborative and professional team that helps drive through the Council’s vision whilst completing a level 3 apprenticeship across 18 months.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
As an Apprentice Admin Assistant you will be a crucial part of our Procure to Pay process. You will liaise with stakeholders and support the progress of high value purchases as ad a vital part of ensuring that our sourcing satisfies legislative requirements and our own internal governance standards, as well as working with the team to support project administration on important stakeholder projects.
A few things about you
You’ll have a good eye for detail, enjoy working in a team, willing to learn. You’ll have an inquisitive nature and an analytical mindset and will need to be computer literate and comfortable using MS Office packages.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Jon Warr on email@example.com
Entry requirements for the position
5 GCSEs including English & Maths Grades A-C/Grades 4-9
Please ensure you list your GCSE’s on your application form
Interviews will be held virtually, via MS Teams
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.