Administration Support Assistant
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Job title : Administration Support Assistant
Scope of role
The scope of this role is to provide direct administrative support to the HPC security leadership team at Hinkley Point C.
Working Monday to Friday and directly from the main Hinkley Point C construction site, this role will work as an essential member of the HPC security team to coordinate and support various administrative functions including document control, report compilation, diary management, minute taking and other general office administration duties. The role will also provide administrative support to our people scheduling team.
The post holder will be a self-starter, have a positive and proactive attitude and possess the ability to adapt in a fast paced and ever changing environment. Furthermore they will be required to attain and hold National Security Clearance (NSV SC).
Pay : £11.51 per hour (Correct as at 08 JUN 21)
Weekly Hours : 40 hours per week, based on 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Provide front line administrative support to the HPC Security leadership team
- Champion best practice Document Management and lead on document management systems and procedures
- Coordinate daily diary activities, meetings, events and conferences
- Produce statistical management reports utilising various MS Office and Google applications
- Provide administrative support to the people scheduling team (up to 2 days per week)
- Manage the Security team file structure within the client based IT network
- Arrange and manage travel bookings
- Control, order and distribute stationary as required
- Attend and minute various meetings in support of the security leadership team
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and adapt in a changing environment
- Effective decision making and sound judgment skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – building trust and support
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong administration skills
- Adherence to company policies & operating procedures
- Proficient in Maths, English and IT.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment preferred but not essential
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.