SSE are looking for an apprentice to provide support across the Commercial Development Team whilst completing a level 3 apprenticeship across 18 months. This is an excellent career opportunity, enabling you to work within a busy and hardworking service whilst completing a detailed and in-depth qualification.
This apprentice vacancy is based within a small but busy team dealing with all aspects of administration. The role will vary as you will support a wide variety of teams, the main function of this role is to support the recruitment process for SSE. Tasks will range from organising interviews to minute taking to assisting with customer service.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You would be:
- Dealing with incoming telephone enquiries and assisting customers with queries to ensure high quality customer service is provided at all times.
- Using our online recruitment portal to assist recruiting managers in administrating this process.
- Monitoring the team mailboxes, dealing with queries, or passing them on to appropriate colleagues.
- Assisting the team with the day to day processes of their work, ensuring deadlines are met and high-quality work is produced.
- Providing an assistance service at interviews by taking copies of necessary documents as well as showing candidates around the building / assisting them with using Microsoft Teams.
- Working with colleagues from other services within SSE to gain information needed and to enable a well-rounded service to be provided.
SSE are committed to ensuring our apprentices gain a wide experience of the organisation as a whole. We are also focused on providing high quality apprenticeships so offer career progression meetings with Senior Managers within SSE and the opportunity to work shadow a variety of SSE staff. Towards the end of your apprenticeship you will be supported and encouraged to apply for permanent positions within the organisation.
A few things about you
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of using Microsoft Office programmes
Desired Personal Qualities
- Good communication skills
- A motivated and can-do attitude with a desire to learn
- Team player
- GCSE A* – C qualifications in English and Maths (or equivalent).
The salary for this role is National Minimum Wage Pay Rates for an Apprentice: 16-17: £4.62, 18-20: £6.56, 21-22: £8.36, 23+: £8.91 per hour
For further information regarding this role please contact Mollie Puttock-Jones on 0300 123 7365 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English.