An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Administrative Assistant to join Maxillofacial and Orthodontics team. You’ll be providing secretarial, clerical and receptionist support and you’ll be working within the Trust values and core standards to maintain an excellent patient experience at all times.
Main duties of the job
- To provide secretarial, clerical and receptionist support to specialty teams
- To work within the Trust values and core standards to maintain an excellent patient experience at all times
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly across the Trust in a variety of specialties
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description for main responsibilities and a detailed job description.
Education & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education
- Level II typing qualification or equivalent experience
- Confident in using Microsoft Word, Excel, data inputting and managing emails
- Minimum 1 year office experience within last 5 years
- Evidence of prioritising workloads/good time management
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting/Previous experience of NHS administration processes
- Audio Typing
Skills & Knowlwdge
- A sound understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Calm, professional, friendly, empathetic and diplomatic manner