This is an exciting opportunity to join the Children’s Advocacy and Independent Reviewing Service Business Support Team. We are looking for a 18.5 hours per week Administration Assistant who is committed, innovative, enthusiastic keen to be part of Somerset’s improvement journey. Ideally you would be able to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays.
The Central and Child Looked After, Child Protection, Route1 Business Support Teams all form part of the Children’s Advocacy and Independent Reviewing Service.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will be joining a well-established, welcoming and stable team who provide administrative support directly to team coordinators/Advocates and Senior Managers within our Route One Service and across Quality Assurance functions.
Route 1 provides an advocacy and independent visitor service for children aged 4 and above. You will work alongside colleagues to support the recruitment and training process, drive IT developments, support case workers and provide general administration to the team.
A few things about you
Do you have:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams & OneNote?
- Good organisational and communication skills?
- Experience of working with colleagues to tackle challenges and resolve problems?
- Are you customer focused, able to manage changing priorities, and accurate in your work?
If the answer to all these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you.
We recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we anticipate conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Esther Ward on 01278 447689.
Salary £9,443 – £9,632 per annum
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Share this page