Somerset Sight is a small local charity that provides practical, social and emotional support to enable people with sight loss to adapt, remain independent and live a full and active life. We celebrated our 100 years anniversary in 2019, and were recently honoured with the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in recognition of the impact we make in the local community.
Due to the increased demand for our services across Somerset, we are seeking another experienced Administrator to work co-operatively with our friendly team located at our offices in Taunton.
This is a part time position Monday to Friday initially for 4 hours a day (flexible) that may increase and develop. Salary £22,000pa PRO RATA
You will be responsible for managing an exciting new service managing referrals and booking appointments. This information is recorded via a software programme for which you will be trained.
Other tasks will include but not limited to:
- Supporting the administration team as required.
- Adding information to the CRM system.
- Covering reception and helping with enquiries.
- Supporting other staff with a variety of tasks as required
- Maintaining and ordering stationery.
The role would suit a candidate who has several years of administration experience, a team player, and understands the importance of the responsibility and reliability of running a service.
You will be hard working, conscientious, adaptable, reliable, dependable, empathetic, with a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
General office experience and desirable skills to include:
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Good organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Strong customer care
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Keen attention to detail, including accurate data entry skills and record keeping.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Apply now to enjoy working with a small dynamic organisation. Please forward your CV and covering letter giving details of your experience and why you feel you would be appropriate for this role.
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the vacancy at short notice. Please apply as soon as possible for this exciting administrator role.
Share this page