Adoption Agency Advisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Adoption Agency Advisor for Somerset County Council for 22.5 hours per week
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, within a friendly team who are passionate about the work that they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset.
We are continuing to develop our use of motivational interviewing and mindfulness to support families with identifying opportunities for change and working to achieve and sustain this alongside them, with the support of our multi-agency partners.
Where we are based…
There are children’s teams based across four areas of Somerset in Taunton, Bridgwater, Yeovil and Shepton Mallet and we are open to flexible working options.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
As an Adoption Agency Advisor you should be able to work with a high level of autonomy; with one other Adoption Agency Advisor you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to the Deputy Director of Children’s Services in relation to adoption decisions for children and provide advice and guidance on adoption matters to Social Workers and Team Managers across Children’s Services. You will work closely with our regional adoption and health professionals to ensure excellent adoption practice for children in Somerset.
A few things about you
You will be passionate about relationship-based social work, proud of your profession, and able to reflect and think creatively about how you can build relationships to make a difference to children and families.
You must be a qualified social worker, registered with Social Work England and have significant post-qualification experience.
The ability to travel is necessary to carry out the role therefore access to / use of a vehicle is an essential requirement.
The salary range for this role is £21,118 to £23,649 per annum
We’re supporting flexible working arrangements to suit the needs of our employees, service, and families whilst up-to-date technology is being utilised to help our colleagues to stay connected with their peers and management team.
We’d love to hear from you if you think this could be the role for you; if you want to find out more please contact Lisa Walker, Operations Manager – Permanence on 07879 890354.
We anticipate offering and conducting interviews ahead of the closing date for suitable candidates.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example via Microsoft Teams and will be held on 28/09/2021
As this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
What we can offer you…
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- For Black and Ethnic Minority employees there is an active network group for support and influencing the practice of the council.
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.