Adult Safeguarding Locality Lead
It’s an exciting time to join Somerset. We are changing the way we work to focus on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live, free of abuse.
We are a hardworking, committed and friendly team of experienced and capable practitioners. We offer a variety of training, development opportunities and staff benefits that include generous annual leave entitlements, relocation support, staff discounts, pension scheme. We offer technology that enables our staff to work flexibly across the area to meet the demands of the role.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
In Somerset County Council safeguarding adults at risk of abuse or neglect means supporting an individual to live a life free from fear of harm or abuse, where they are in the driving seat to determine what outcomes they want to achieve to help keep them safe.
A few things about you
We are looking for people who have extensive safeguarding adult experience – for example Probation, Police, Nursing, criminal justice system or hold a relevant professional qualification in social care (such as Social Work and Occupational Therapy).
We are looking for Adult Safeguarding Leads whose role will include;
- providing expert advice, support and leadership that motivates social care staff
- supporting staff to work within the legislative and procedural framework of Adult Social Care
- working collaboratively and in partnership to protect Somerset residents through the effective implementation of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements
- leading the adult safeguarding service within a performance management framework that strengthens the delivery of a high performing social care team
- influencing a highly effective and well-managed adult service that places the service user at the centre of our delivery
If you would like more information then please get in touch to have to a chat. Please contact Louise White, Safeguarding Operations Manager on 07977 401915 or LXWhite@somerset.gov.uk.
This role has a current salary of £34,728 – £38,890 per annum.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.