Ambulance Care Assistant
E-zec Medical Transport Services are now looking to recruit a number of 40, 30 and 20 Hours Permanent Ambulance Care Assistants to based in Evercreech.
Various working patterns are available.
About the Role:
As an Ambulance Care Assistant, you must be committed to the highest level of patient care, a careful, considerate driver, with strong communications skills and an understanding of patient needs and abilities.
Working 40 hours per week, with a 24/7 flexibility, your duties will include;
- Collecting patients and ensuring that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient and upon their return
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required during the course of work
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation
- Be able to assist patients in walking, pushing them in a wheelchair and lifting them in and out of a vehicle/home
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and medical certificates,
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate manager
- Committed to patient care
- Able to work flexibly due to unexpected circumstances i.e. Traffic or shift overruns
- Careful and considerate driver
- Hold a clean driving licence for at least 2 years with no more than 3 points
- Have strong communication skills with a polite and friendly manner
- Be physically fit, as you will be required to move patients
- Have good knowledge of the local and surrounding areas within a 50-mile radius
- Have an understanding of patients’ abilities (conditions and limitations)
- Ability to take the initiative
- Working as a part of the team
In Return we are offering;
- You will receive full training to fulfil the role and uniform
- £9.07 per hour including a 30 minute paid break
- Cycle to work scheme
- Auto enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
As an equal opportunities employer, E-zec are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join E-zec Medical.
It is not the policy of E-Zec to contact further those applicants who have not been invited for interview, so if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.