Due to continued expansion, E-zec Medical Transport Services are now looking to recruit a number of 40 Hours Permanent Ambulance Care Assistant to be based in Shepton Mallet.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant, you must be committed to the highest level of patient care, a careful, considerate driver, with strong communications skills and an understanding of patient needs and abilities.
Working 40 hours per week, with a 24/7 flexibility, your duties will include;
- Collecting patients and ensuring that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient and upon their return
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required during the course of work
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation
- Be able to assist patients in walking, pushing them in a wheelchair and lifting them in and out of a vehicle/home
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and medical certificates,
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate manager
- Committed to patient care
- Able to work flexibly due to unexpected circumstances i.e. Traffic or shift overruns
- Careful and considerate driver
- Hold a clean driving licence for at least 2 years with no more than 3 points
- Have strong communication skills with a polite and friendly manner
- Be physically fit, as you will be required to move patients
- Have good knowledge of the local and surrounding areas within a 50-mile radius
- Have an understanding of patients’ abilities (conditions and limitations)
- Ability to take the initiative
- Working as a part of the team
- You will receive full training to fulfil the role and uniform
- £9.07 per hour including a 30 minute paid break
- 224 hours of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Auto enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
To apply please upload your CV and if you have any additional questions, we are more than happy to answer them.
It is not the policy of E-Zec to contact further those applicants who have not been invited for interview, so if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.