To carry out required cleaning and hygiene tasks to ensure that the standard of hygiene in areas outside of the production plant support the hygienic preparation of fresh meat and do not compromise the food safety or quality objectives of the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate supplies of hand towels, hand soap and sanitiser at all times and that cleaning tasks are carried out with proper regard to Health and Safety and COSHH requirements at all times
- Maintain a clean and hygienic condition to offices and general areas as required
- Collect and make ready all fabric protective clothing for laundering and carry out washing and drying of PPE cleaned on site
- Issue PPE, recording and retaining details of equipment and staff member
- Issue knives, steels and other equipment as required, maintaining records and data of equipment issued
- Prepare data for management team if required
- Manage PPE stock levels and advise Transport and Purchasing Manager of need to reorder in good time so production is not compromised
- Monitor condition of equipment and advise Transport and Purchasing Manager of need to reorder in good time so production is not compromised
Knowledge and Experience
This is a demanding yet essential role in our business so you will need to have great communication and customer service skills, a strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise your work in line with production needs.
Hours of work:
Full time – Monday to Friday 5.15am – 3.15pm
Part time – Monday to Friday 4.00pm – 8.00pm