The Allerford Inn
Apprentice Commis Chef Taunton
This is great opportunity to gain first hand experience of working in the kitchen with the chef team. The role includes assisting the head chef with food prep, cooking fresh food to order, dessert prep, and keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
- Cooking meals to order
- Food prep
- Working to EHO standards
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Good prep skills beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn.
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately .
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE in the range of 9-3 (A* to E), including English and maths (or equivalent qualifications). Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Individuals who have not yet achieved English and Maths at GCSE Grade D / Functional Skills Level 1 (or equivalent qualification) or abovewill need to do so in order to complete this Apprenticeship.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be qualified to work as a comis chef. Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be into a chef de partie role or senior production chef role.
Things to consider
The salary will be above Apprenticeship Minimum Wage and will be dependent upon experience.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard No. 93 Commis Chef:
- Level 2 Commis Chef – Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Functional skills at level 1 and/or 2 in English and maths as required (exemptions apply) The successful candidate will also need to complete a diagnostic assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs.
Level 2 (GCSE)