The Allerford Inn
Apprentice Production Chef
Working in the kitchen with the chef team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
- Cooking meals to order
- Food prep
- Working to EHO standards
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Good prep skills beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
It would be an advantage to have GCSE’s in the 4 to 9 (A* to C) range or equivalent for English and maths, but this is not essential as you will complete Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship if necessary.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be qualified to work as a comis chef. Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be into a chef de partie role or senior production chef role.
Things to consider
The salary will be above Apprenticeship Minimum Wage and will be dependent upon experience.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard No. 364 in Production Chef:
- Level 2 Production Chef – Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Edexcel Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Edexcel Level 1 Functional Skills maths
Level 2 (GCSE)