Approved Mental Health Professional
We are a team of 14 AMHPs who work from a 24/7 AMHP Hub that is co-located with our Mental Health Social Care Team and the Community Mental Health teams. As an AMHP you will need to be able to travel across Somerset to carry out Mental Health Act assessments.
Applications are welcomed from AMHPs, including those from other professional backgrounds and newly qualified.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We are looking for AMHPs to work in the 24-hour AMHP hub. This is an opportunity to start or develop your career as an AMHP in a supportive and friendly Team.
As a 24-hour service, we can offer some flexibility to working hours with a variety of shifts, but will need to include weekends, nights and bank holidays.
This is what one of the team had to say about working in the hub:
‘For me it’s the brilliant and dedicated colleagues that I work with. I know that there is someone always there if not in person at the end of a phone if I need help or advice.
Our business support is excellent and always ready to help when needed.
We also have really good working relationships with our health colleagues’.
A few things about you
You will be motivated to use all your AMHP and social care skills to engage with people and their families in creative ways. We are looking for strong social care values, flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude. Our service users also expect high standards and the ability to work in a holistic way.
You will bring a good understanding of the Mental Health Act and its interface with the Mental Capacity Act, as well as a good understanding of the Care Act.
You will have the opportunity to shape and influence the development of the adult social care service.
Access to / use of a vehicle is essential due to Somerset being a rural area.
If you are a qualified AMHP who is interested in joining the service, please contact Teri McDonald, AMHP Hub Manager on 07811310749 to find out more.
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- Monthly supervision plus an annual appraisal.
- Regular legal update training is provided alongside social care development days.
- Employee Assistance to offer a range of additional focused support, wellbeing webinars and physiotherapy.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.