Area Facilities Management Assistant
We have a part time vacancy for 18.5 hours per week, for an enthusiastic and motivated Area Facilities Management Assistant who is resilient, has excellent technical, administrative and customer service skills and is a natural problem solver.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The Facilities Management Team provides premises management, health and safety statutory checks, assists with incident control, financial and procurement administration. We act as first point of contact for building users. We are a busy team and each day brings interesting challenges and tasks.
You will join a small team of staff providing weekly health and safety tours as well as admin support across our Facilities Management sites.
Your duties would include:
- Carrying out a range of technical premises management related duties
- Meet daily priorities and provide exemplary customer service to our corporate tenants based at a variety of properties across Mendip and South Somerset
- Ensure that office equipment, building maintenance and health and safety requirements are met
- Liaise with partner agencies and services providing advice and guidance
A few things about you
You will have experience in a similar post, and be willing to work across sites in the Taunton, Bridgwater, Yeovil and Shepton Mallet areas when required. Understanding of IT and recent experience of using MS Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary. With the ability to manage your time to meet deadlines; you will be able to work under your own initiative, but also as part of a busy team. In return we will offer a full induction programme, ongoing training and regular supervision.
Experience in a health and safety environment or premises management role is preferred but not essential as training will be given.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Richard Edwards on 07977 401 944 – Area Facilities Manager for East Somerset.
The salary for this role is £9,281 – £9,466 per annum
Interviews are currently being held virtually, via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.