Area Gardener / Landscape Person required for our 4 Care/Nursing Homes in Somerset
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 0800-1700
Company Vehicle & Tools Provided
We are looking for a friendly, motivational, and experienced Gardener/Landscape person to join our team and ensure our homes gardens in Somerset are maintained to the highest standards. You will be required to maintain & improve the standards of our homes gardens and make sure they are also a safe environment for the residents and staff.
JOINING COUNTRY COURT
We are proud to be a family run business that’s grown over the years to a family of over 2000 employees and 33 care homes. We’re proud to be setting the bar and leading the way with exceptional care homes you’d expect for your loved ones.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Within your role, you will cover our 4 homes in Somerset, You can really make a difference to our residents’ lives, its important our Residents are cared for within a 5* environment and therefore your role will be working jointly with the Home Manager to ensure that our gardens & outdoor spaces are maintained to the highest of standards. Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake gardening duties and tend to all gardens, including grass-cutting, shrubs and pruning, watering of hanging baskets & eradication of weeds,
- Ensure all gardens & surrounding areas are kept tidy.
- Complete mandatory and specialist training related to your role, on or off site as and when required to maintain, update professional knowledge and competence
- Ensure general maintenance of the gardens is to a high standard and maintain a clean, homely environment to meet the needs of Residents, visitors and colleagues.
- Undertake the painting of all external fencing and garden furniture contained within the homes gardens and to ensure the maintenance and repair (including painting) of all fences.
Maintain all garden machinery and tools and carry out tests and checks as laid out and required by Country Court.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment used are stored in a safe place for the protection and safety of residents and staff and ensure that the storage of all cleaning and dangerous materials conform to the Home’s COSHH policy.
- Ensure that the vehicle provided for you to travel between the homes is in a safe condition and conform to legal requirements.
We are seeking an experienced individual who can share our very own family values. You will be a team player, demonstrating understanding and knowledge of gardening & landscaping.
You will be able to communicate effectively with our residents, home manager, colleagues, and visitors. Have knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly moving and handling techniques and COSHH assessments. A clean driving licence is also required.
YOUR REWARDS PACKAGE
You’ll be joining a family business and working alongside a real team-spirited group of people. You will also benefit from our generous range of benefits which include:
- 28 days holiday (FTE) (including bank holidays)
- Great pay (plus annual pay reviews!)
- Exciting opportunities for career progression (and we have lots of staff who can tell you about their progression!)
- Enhanced Bank Holiday rates at Christmas and New Year at Double time, all other bank holiday paid at Time and a Half
- Work Life Balance and the ability in some roles to choose shifts to suit you
- Supportive and bespoke Induction Training Programmes, ongoing training and development and nationally recognised qualifications*
- Paid online learning time
- Refer a friend or resident bonus scheme*
- Pension contributions
- Free parking
- Free Uniform
- An excellent range of leisure and retail discounts
- Annual Staff Awards Programme across all our Homes celebrating our great staff
- Opportunity to work in beautifully appointed interior designed homes
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning Care Home provider
*Subject to Terms and Conditions
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to pay £26.00 towards the cost of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
Does this sound like a career choice for you? Apply today with your CV
You may have experience as
Gardener, Landscaper, Grounds person, Handy person, Caretaker, gardening
Country Court are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and happy to share our equal opportunities policy with you, please ask the recruitment team for further information.