Asset Performance Advisor
In this role you will provide technical leadership for the South Somerset Asset Performance Team, including prioritisation and scoping of essential asset repair works, planning our future maintenance and reconditioning programmes and ensuring that our operational requirements are captured into the design of new flood defence schemes. You will be working with external partners, suppliers and landowners, as well as with internal teams to plan and deliver sustainable asset management for the community.
Working closely with other teams, you can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• Ensuring our flood defence assets are managed professionally (ISO55000)
• Improving our incident management response and resilience
• Portfolio, programme, project and contract management
• Helping to deliver Net Zero Carbon and Biodiversity Net Gain
• Managing data and information and forming evidence
• Community and stakeholder engagement
The work you’ll do will truly make a difference to people’s lives.
You will have:
• An awareness of health, safety and wellbeing in a construction or operational environment
• Ability to innovate and use new technologies, approaches and ideas to solve problems
• Comfortable in using information technology and associated software
• Experience of being a technical leader and coaching others
A passion for improving the environment and first-class communication skills are a must, and you should also understand the importance of teamwork and collaboration. It’s important that you’re skilled at managing multiple priorities and competing demands. You’ll be an intelligent problem solver too, with a methodical work approach.
There are also many fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits
For further details please Ellie Mantell email@example.com 07901 567887