Asset Performance Team Member
As Assistant Catchment Manager covering the River Tone and West Somerset Streams with the associated coastline, you will work as part of the team to ensure our flood defence assets are fit for purpose and ready when we need them.
The assets we manage range from large flood defence schemes and reservoirs through to small outfalls. You will assist in asset inspections, collecting asset data which you will use in assisting with the planning of future management of our assets. You will liaise with and support our Operational Field Team in the planning and delivery of our annual maintenance programmes.
You will also play a key role in the continual improvement of our asset data and information. While this role is primarily office based there will be a need for frequent site visits throughout the catchments.
You will be expected to have an incident role and participate in our standby rota.
This is an exciting opportunity in the South Somerset Asset Performance Team, within Flood and Coastal Risk Management Operations. We manage the whole life cycle of flood and coastal risk management assets across South Somerset. We ensure our assets work to reduce flood risk for our communities and enhance our environment. We are a friendly multi-skilled team of technical advisors, incident management leads, catchment managers, data and support officers, engineers and asset inspectors.
Through experience to date you will ideally be able to demonstrate some of the following:
• An understanding of the impact of flooding
• An appreciation of flood risk assets or asset management
• Delivery of work by planning, tracking, gathering and maintaining data/information
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team to make decisions and achieve planned outcomes
• Good organisational skills and an ability to use MS Office
The key things we’re looking for are transferrable skills and capabilities, so do not be put off applying if you don’t have a degree and/or you don’t have experience in this sector.
As an entry level grade, we welcome all backgrounds, preferably with an interest in engineering, geography or environmental discipline.
The interviews are scheduled to take place the second week in November.