Assistant Cook – Wyndham House
Salary: £9.01 per hour
Hours: 24 hours per week
Shifts: 08:30 – 14:00 / 08:30 – 17:00
At Somerset Care, our values and culture are what makes us different. It is the culmination of all things we do that makes us a very special company to work for.
As an Assistant Cook you will be working in a team to provide nutritious, well balanced meals to support our customers to live well. Our customers deserve to be supported by someone who can share the next chapter in their life and make a real difference.
An Assistant Cook is a key role and involves:
- Working with the catering team to prepare meals.
- Ensuring we cater for those customers with special dietary.
- Supporting our customers to ensure that they are offered choice and that individual needs are met.
- Working with our Company menus to produce a range of meals with the catering team within your allocated budget.
- Maintaining stock provisions: ordering, their storage and rotation of stock.
- The responsibility of maintain hygiene standards in the kitchen
- Maintaining appropriate records to comply with HACCP, Company standards and legislation.
- Working with the team to organise the smooth running of your kitchen.
- Ensure that any concerns raised by the team are appropriately managed.
What you’ll need:
- A caring, kind and empathetic approach.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a team.
- To be passionate about making a difference.
- Experience of working in a catering setting.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
- Good communication skills.
- To work flexibly including weekends.
You will be provided with full training and support right from the outset.
We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321.
Trainee rate of pay (16 & 17 year olds): £6.21 per hour
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………