Assistant Digital Communication Officer
Do you want to work for one of the most exciting, progressive and largest police forces in the country as part of a multi-award winning Corporate Communications Department?
We are looking for a creative individual to assist with maximising Avon and Somerset Police’s internal and external digital communication channels including social media.
This is an exciting, varied role working within a fast-paced environment. As an Assistant Digital Communications Officer, you will be flexible, have the ability to prioritise workloads and relish the challenge of working under pressure.
You will be equally comfortable assisting with long-running campaigns as you will be providing operational support during a major incident.
You will need to be able to use excellent storytelling skills to generate engaging digital content which will help tell how police officers and staff are fighting and preventing crime and keeping the public safe.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitoring social media, ensuring we deliver high levels of engagement and visibility with our communities
- Keeping up to date with digital trends and developments, sharing learning with the wider department and organisation
- Providing advice, support and guidance on corporate style and identity for neighbour officers and internal communications.
- Collaborating with a range of internal and external stakeholders to create engaging content and maximise public access to policing services and information through digital channels
Skills, experience, and qualifications required to be successful in this role:
- Expert knowledge and experience of using social media
- Experience of using and adapting to a range of digital channels, applications, and software
- Skilled communicator with the ability to adapt communication style to suit various situations, channels, and stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, using a flexible and efficient approach
Hours & Location of work;
Your core hours of work will be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
You will agree your specific working arrangements with your line manager.
Employee Rewards and Benefits;
How we reward our employees is linked to our culture, it’s about more than just salary. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Police Staff Welfare Fund.
Health and Wellbeing
- Gym membership – Membership to the gym at Police Headquarters for £5 per month. Open 24hours per day
- Union membership – membership to the largest trade union in the UK for a small monthly cost
- Occupational Health – Support and advice through our Occupational Health unit
- Employee Assistance Program – An online and telephone service designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home or work life
- Mental Health Support – Access to Work service to ensure people who have mental health conditions can overcome them and stay in work.
- Great discounts on products and services – Exclusive benefits for you and your family including; shopping, days out, sporting events, dining and holidays through the ‘Blue Light card’
- Lifestyle benefits, including sports and social facilities and activities, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
Please note: the job description is currently under review but the grade, salary etc. will not be affected and anything else will be discussed at interview stage
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click the link below to apply.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. For more information please see attached the blended working principles. All applicants must reside within the UK.
Share this page