Assistant Estates Surveyor – Field Based
A highly varied property role working covering Estates, Acquisitions, and projects across the whole of the UK & ROI portfolio, with high emphasis on Estate Management.
In this field-based role preferably in the northwest of the UK, reporting to the Estate Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the Estate Management team, liaising with external agents and internal peers to ensure that we are managing our lease events proactively. You will manage small projects affecting the estate and internal stakeholder expectations.
You will be proactive, enthusiastic and a dedicated team player, your passion for professionalism and exceeding expectations will be important in being successful in this role.
- Provide support with Lease Renewals, Rent Reviews, L&T queries/issues across our 700 + Trade counter portfolio.
- Build on the existing excellent relationships we have with external agents dealing with our rent reviews, Lease renewals and re-gears in the whole of the UK & ROI.
- Dealing with enquiries from internal and external stakeholders including liaison with Landlords and keeping all stakeholders updated of progress regularly, providing professional advice under guidance.
- Actively working with the Divisional Asset Manager & Estate Management Administrator on matters including property projects
- Prepare and monitor Budgets for Rent, Service Charge, Insurance, and professional fees.
- Update and help maintain the property database with accurate lease information following new acquisitions, lease renewals and change of landlords.
- Help with the management and validation of treasury payments.
- Lead the management of service charge budget and validatio
- Communicate regularly and clearly with all business partners to ensure effective flow of information and timely completion of deals.
- Critically assess all documentation received from both internal and external partners to ensure the viability of each deal and store location.
- Support and liaise the in-house legal team advising on commercial decisions.
- Administer your own paperwork to a set internal process.
- Management of property database.
- Take a proactive role in the recruitment process of any Estate related staff requirements.
- You will be flexible and resilient to changing deadlines and priorities.
Required Skills and Experience
- The candidate will ideally have a wide range of prior property experience.
- Degree in Real Estate Management/Working towards RICS membership
- Acquisition, Disposal and Rating knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
- Evidence of working with other professionals (clients, service providers & colleagues) to deliver great work in a timely fashion.
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org