Woolavington Village Primary School
Assistant Head Teacher
Full time, Permanent, Leadership Scale 1-5
Clevedon Learning Trust is actively looking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Assistant Head Teacher for Woolavington Village Primary School starting September 2021.
The successful candidate will join the school team and have the opportunity for a Teaching and Learning Responsibility in an area to be confirmed, dependent on the right candidate’s experience and expertise. Please outline in your covering letter of application, the areas you have expertise in leading.
The successful candidate will have a class teaching responsibility alongside the role of Assistant Head Teacher.
Woolavington Village Primary School and Nursery is a vibrant and welcoming village school serving the village of Woolavington and the surrounding area. At Woolavington we live and work together as a community to create a happy, secure and successful learning environment where children are valued as individuals and encouraged to fulfil their potential.
Our school provides a very engaging and inclusive education for all of the children in our care. Our curriculum is broad and balanced and addresses our children’s academic, social, creative, physical and spiritual needs and offers equal opportunity to all. We encourage high standards of achievement through purposeful learning experiences and relate these back to our core values; Tolerance, Respect, Understanding, Strength, Trust.
The Trust offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work at a unique village school
- A team with a great sense of fun, passion and dedication, where the children’s learning and enjoyment is at the forefront of all we do
- A beautiful rural setting with our own Forest School on site and strong links to the local community
The Trust is looking for an Assistant Head Teacher who is:
- Inspirational, dedicated and committed to creating a stimulating learning environment
- An experienced, outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour
- Committed to developing the full potential of all children
- Able to play a key role in the implementation of an exciting, creative and engaging curriculum
- An excellent track record of teaching and learning and the ability to model that excellent practice
- An ambition to lead, build teams and the patience and capability to support other leaders in school
- A clear understanding of current key national and local curriculum issues
- A sense of vision and a talent for finding creative solutions to challenges.
- The ability to work successfully in partnership with staff, governors, parents and other agencies
- A good understanding of the latest developments in school effectiveness, inclusion and wellbeing
We are committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities for all members of staff through the expertise across the Clevedon Learning Trust.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding children and has a culture of vigilance to support this. The post holder will be required to undergo a disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service before taking up employment.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19 April 2021 12 noon Interview date: Tuesday 27 April 2021
Share this job