We are recruiting for a Back Haul Specialist in Bridgwater.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for growing and developing Back Haul revenue and volume, through multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers, by utilising Morrisons and partner transport resources, working towards a cost neutral, carbon reduced transport model.
The role will also be responsible for the following:
- Actively seeking out new business opportunities, growing profitable Back Haul relationships, whilst ensuring high levels of service are maintained.
- Develop and manage the customer service plan, multiple stakeholders and effectively oversee external suppliers and hauliers as part of an integrated network transport plan
- Works cross functionally to manage and influence key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the right solutions are found and sound decisions are taken
- Listens and responds to customer and stakeholder feedback to make positive change to continuously ensure the improvement of Back Haul activities can be improved for the future
- Responsible for team development, engagement and supporting their colleagues to grow within the business
- A problem solver than can identify and find solutions using root cause analysis
- Communicates the transport plan effectively, efficiently and consistently to internal and external stakeholders, providing support and guidance for all queries and escalations
- Develop new business opportunities to utilise Morrisons fleet and partner fleets, this may by developing commercial transport relationships internal and external suppliers
- Accountable for all Back Haul performance indicators for the site and identifies new and untapped Back Haul opportunities, ensuring all KPI’s are met
With a true 24/7 working pattern, Willow Green in Bridgewater is a dynamic, fast-moving and exciting place to work.
At 78 acres spread along a mile long site, Willow Green is one of our newest and busiest fresh, ambient and freezer product sites. Home to 1,100 colleagues, it delivers around 2.1m cases a week to nearly 80 stores, and is developing an exciting culture and a big ambition that more than matches those numbers.
What skills and experience do Morrisons’ Back Haul Specialists need?
- Experience of transport operator with a great understanding of the end to end supply chain which will benefit current and future customer relationships
- Strong leader, who can develop great working relationships with multiple stakeholders, maximising business opportunities on site and as part of the wider logistics network
- The ability to manage and on-board all new customers who will operate as part of back haul work stream
- To lead in the development and deployment of the Transport management system and experience of how processes can be improved
- Maintain Transport management system data and understand the output and how this can be interpreted in a logistics environment
- Awareness of all legislative constraints and processes which govern working time for drivers which impact on Back Haul opportunities
- Regular service reviews with all internal & external haulage providers, suppliers and 3PL operators
- A sound understanding of the speed of business change and the ability to react ensuring Back Haul operations are flexible and customer focussed
- Experience of selling services directly to suppliers, hauliers, consolidators, third & fourth party logistics
- Experience of the financial numbers and creating plans in line with budget
- Commercially aware and have the ability to understand and act using a variety of detailed logistical processes and flows
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK’s 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK in over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and around 97,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.
Why not hear what our teams have got to say about life here at Morrisons: Click here
Share this job