Bars Duty Manager
In conjunction with your Line Manager and other duty managers your role is to be responsible for leading your team in the smooth and efficient day to day running of your area.
We have an array of bars ranging from quiet relaxing venues, Inn on the green and Bar Rosso we have our Sports bar and bowling alley and Our main entertainment venues Reds and Centre Stage show our headline acts such as Diversity and Stephen Mulhern.
You will provide an environment that allows your team to perform at their best, through high performance and high fulfilment and giving our teams the opportunity of a lifetime, whilst delivering our mission statement values. You will be an accountable person in the absence of your line manager delivering the business KPI’s
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Supporting the Venue Manager to recruit and train new team members
- Serving at the bar or out whilst interacting with our guests
- Delivering the prefect drink every time, we will give you the skills to be able to do this
- Role Modelling a hard-working, committed approach to the day to day operation
- Communication in a clear and positive manner which will help to motivate the team
- Coaching and reviewing your team in a supportive manner which will help them to improve
- Living and breathing the brand standards to the highest level
- Competent and knowledgeable in the delivery of your venue/departments operating standards.
- Has enough understanding of budgets/guest weeks and other influencing factors to make decisions during your shift
- Has enough understanding of Sam to support your Line Manager to produce accurate and timely rosters and other essential task connected to the payment of our team
- Driving sales in a way that improves the guest experience
- Be a committed Team Player including being flexible and enthusiastic
- Passionate about delivering exceptional Customer Service
- Have a problem-solving attitude
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation as well as the company policy
- Taking accountability for the guests and team in the venue and playing your part in their safety and well-being.
- Working with fellow colleagues in the department to provide a great guest and team experience.
- Monitors team levels and is proactive in arranging appropriate resources that is reflective of guest numbers, escalating to Leaders where necessary.
We believe that your experience in a similar role will mean that you understand systems and processes such as labour budgets, food safety and health & safety, stock taking and delivering yield and GP.
The ideal candidate should:
- Understanding of different communication styles and an ability to communicate effectively
- Understand the Butlin’s Way of Working and Bourne Leisure Mission Statement
- Experience relevant to the department
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Problem solving attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience of working in a leadership role is preferable
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Are passionate about delivering exceptional service and maintaining the highest venue standards.
- The training you need to be successful
- An Induction period in which to learn the business
- A bonus linked to a success criteria
- Full Uniform
- Free use of many of the resort facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets
- Subsidised nursery facilities available on resort
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
Butlins, Minehead, Somerset TA24 5SH.