Booking Office Team Lead
The post holder is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely day to day administrative support for the MSk Physiotherapy/Podiatry Locality Leads. Working with minimal supervision using own discretion.
This includes supporting the Booking Office Manager and Locality Leads in an administrative capacity: dealing with all correspondence, diary management, maintain and managing other data collection systems as required, arranging meetings, typing reports as requested, sickness returns, and annual leave requests.
The post requires a great deal of flexibility and a wide range of duties that may vary as the services develop. The post holder will act as an ambassador for the Service.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed Band 3 administrator to join our integrated booking offices for MSK Physiotherapy and Podiatry Services within Somerset.
The successful post holder will work closely with MSK Physiotherapy and Podiatry staff, the Locality Lead and Band 4 Booking Office Manager in the booking of appointments and ensuring smooth service delivery in this area. In addition the role will include leading the A&C team, booking annual leave, carrying out regular 1:1’s, offering day-to-day advice and support to colleagues and undertaking appraisals.
The post requires a great deal of flexibility and a wide range of duties that may vary as the service develops. It is essential that the post holder is an excellent team player and has the ability to prioritise and manage requests in a timely manner.
The booking offices are proud of their efficiency and high levels of patient care, they provide all new team members with a supportive and friendly working environment to develop and grow knowledge and skills.
The majority of the role is telephone based and the successful post holder needs to have excellent telephone skills and on occasion be able to deal with difficult conversations.
There are booking offices based at Mallard Court, Bridgwater and Chard Community Hospital.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Provide a responsive and approachable function for the locality leads, acting as the first point of contact for all telephone calls when appropriate.
- Deal with queries received from staff and others all of which are of a confidential nature referring to the Locality Lead in charge.
- Liaise with staff, patients, public and other Trusts and various organisations on behalf of the Podiatry and MSK Physiotherapy team.
- Works to minimum supervision following up areas of work using own discretion without going back to managers
- Carry out all day to day administrative duties required by the Booking Office Manager, Locality Leads and Management
Behaviours Aligned with Trust Values
- Outstanding Care
- Listening and Leading
- Working together
Qualifications and Training
- RSA3 Word processing/typing or equivalent
- Good standard of Education with English and Math to GCSE standard or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Administration or equivalent qualification
- European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent
- NVQ2 in Administration/Customer Care
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email systems
- Understanding of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act requirements of the organisation and/or caldicott issues.
- Knowledge of IT systems relevant to the role
- Previous administrative experience
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative
- Previous health related administration experience
- Experience of developing and maintaining databases
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Good organisation skills
- works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritse and work to deadlines
- Understanding of MSK Physiotherapy/Podiatry
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible and reliable
- Willingness to use technology to improve standards of care and support our patients
- Access to vehicle for travel within Somerset NHS Foundation Trust boundaries with appropriate business insurance cover