We have an opening for a multiskilled Brewery Maintenance Worker.
Initially practical maintenance and new installation tasks will be undertaken including carpentry, plumbing, basic electrics and metal working amongst others.
You will also be involved in all aspects of brewery production, eventually becoming our main brewer. You must be physically fit, highly self-motivated and a good communicator. It is most important that you enjoy practical work and that you are prepared to do a job which is physically demanding with some heavy lifting.
You will be involved with all aspects of construction, working under supervision:
- Plumbing work: beer, coolant, cellar work
- Electrical wire fixing and electronic cables laying and fixing
- Metal work, cutting and fixing
You will also be involved with all aspects of beer production work (no previous experience required as full on the job training will be given:
- Cleaning casks
- Racking beer
- Serving customers
- Warehouse work
- This can be a physically demanding role, so applicants need to be strong, fit and healthy
- Good experience in maintenance / practical work
- Accept and carry out verbal instructions without hesitation
- Good aptitude and approach to tasks
- Be reliable and responsible regarding hygiene, health, safety and environmental issues
- Good observational skills
- The ability to multitask on a range of jobs
- Be numerate – be able to measure quantities with precision and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- To be PC literate involving MS Office
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Possess a full driving licence, experience of van driving is desired.
This is a full time on site salaried position. Occasional weekends, early starts and late finishes will be required. Normal working hours are 08:00 – 17:00
A suitable reward package commensurate with skills is offered, to be reviewed after a 6 month probationary period. We have a government compliant pension scheme into which you will be enrolled after 3 months employment if you wish.
You will be provided with all necessary personal protective clothing and equipment, company logo wear and warm waterproof clothing.
We request that all applicants email a completed application form available on our website at www.yeovilales.com
Click here to download the job description (pdf)
Click here to download the Yeovil Ales Job Application Form.
Then once completed please apply with a CV and the application form.