We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 hardworking people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries.
That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Your role as a Business Analyst is to support the Screwfix Programme of Works and successful delivery primarily through eliciting and verifying requirements for our results-oriented IT delivery plan. This plan is integral to our company strategy so from your first day with us you will be working directly to support it.
You will get the opportunity to work with a diverse variety of roles across Kingfisher IT, as well as those in the business, as it will be key that you consider all the relevant processes, systems and dependencies.
For this particular position, we are specifically looking for Agile/Scrum Business Analysts with experience in E-Commerce/Browse UI and/or Order Management Systems.
Throughout your role you will need to advocate the following responsibilities:
- Support PO in discovery and definition phase, deeply understand business context and help define functional and non-functional requirements
- Write user stories and drive them to the “Ready” state in collaboration with development team and PO.
- Act as the first point of contact for developers to provide clarifications, review progress and outputs or conduct acceptance tests.
- Act as a second voice to the Product Owner (PO) when they are not available but ensure they are kept up to speed and have enough understanding to be able to make decisions.
- Work with developers and product owner to resolve issues as they arise.
- Understand business processes and produces respective adjustment recommendations when needed.
- Help supervise requirements against priorities, identify gaps and ensure business value focus.
- Ensure right level of documentation to:
- Enable understanding of specific business rules that might not be obvious from looking at working software.
- Enable support activities post implementation.
- Is proficient in Agile/Scrum ways of working
- Has a solid grasp and history of working API’s, Micro Services, Integrated System and Data Modelling
- Has excellent communication & collaborative team working skills, with both onshore & offshore teams
- Has a broad understanding of the IT industry, markets, trends, emerging technologies, and their implications for retail organisations as well as experience in these areas to support this
- Displays a real passion for retail and has significant experience working in retail/or similar business facing roles
- Has a deep understanding of the business processes, business imperatives and service requirements of retail or similar organisations
- Is able to present complex ideas to both business and IT audiences at all levels
- Has the ability to build successful stakeholder relationships up to board level
- Is able to sell the benefits of IT enabled business process simplification
- Has the flexibility to lead on changing priorities and demands
- Has great documentation, mapping & presentation skills including Office 365, Visio, Confluence & Jira
- Can challenge stakeholders in a constructive manner and manage conflict resolution to gain consensus on requirements
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plans
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.We particularly encourage applications from under represented groups.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this job