Business Support Officer
Somerset’s Adult Social Care Service is looking to recruit 2 dynamic and well organised Business Support Officers to serve as leads within its Sourcing Care function for all enquiries and service requests relating to bedded placements (eg. Residential, nursing, complex care). The service plays a vital role in ensuring those we support are able to secure the care they require in a timely and efficient way.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Working within a supportive, busy team, you will liaise with staff and managers across a range of agencies and forums (including statutory health and care services, our independent care provider market, and the wider voluntary and community sector) to actively coordinate high quality, person-centred care and support for individuals in an efficient manner.
A few things about you
You will have some knowledge of the statutory, regulatory and policy framework within which care sourcing/brokerage functions operate and a sound understanding of adult social care. You should be able to communicate and negotiate with confidence, problem solve, motivate and effectively influence others, to obtain the desired service outcome for individuals we support. You should also have some prior supervisory experience.
Interviews to take place: Monday 23rd August
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
– We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
– Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
– Staff discounts in gyms. • Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
– Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
– A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
– My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This job requires a basic criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.