Business Support Supervisor
The Commercial Development Team are at the heart of SSE (Support Services for Education). We are a dedicated, diverse and friendly team that pride ourselves on the provision of high quality customer service and administrative support.
We provide vital support to services within SSE who support educational establishments within Somerset and are looking for someone to share our commitment to supporting staff to improve the outcomes for Children and Young People.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
This is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and motivated individual to join the team on a permanent basis. You will be part of the small customer services team acting as a central point of contact for both service providers and customers. Working with the team to ensure that the SSE website content is accurate and up to date including service package and training information.
You will provide a range of support at various meetings as required and also be responsible for producing reports and information for managers and colleagues.
A few things about you
You will be responsible for a small number of staff, supervising/directing their work and driving the team forward to meet the demands of the service. Therefore, the ability to prioritise and organise workload, good attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential. The ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of the service is a necessary part of the role and requires a positive and committed attitude. Experience of MS Office packages is essential.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sue Wheatley on 01823 356623 or email SWheatley@somerset.gov.uk.
Please note we aim for all recruitment activity to continue as expected, however due to COVID-19 all interviews will be taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.