Butchers – All Skill levels and Trainees
We are now looking to recruit Butchers with skills at any level including those keen to learn a new trade.
Salary: £10.22/hour for trainees to £15.73/hour for skilled butchers.
We can offer the following contracts for this role:
Full Time: Monday to Friday average 45 hours per week, early finish on Friday during off peak trading
Part Time: 2 to 3 days per week
Family Friendly Contract: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 3.30pm
Summer Period Fixed Term: Any number of weeks from 4 to 12 over the summer holidays. Monday to Friday 45 hours.
Loyalty Bonus Scheme: Starting at £30/week rising to £45/week for skilled Butchers.
You will be working as part of the team within the Boning Hall responsible for ensuring that the quality and end product meets customer specifications at all times whilst ensuring Food Safety and Hygiene standards are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with company policy and procedures on safe food handling and hygiene at all times
- Cut, trim and prepare lamb to standards defined for relevant stage in production.
- Remove bones and cut meat to customer requirements
- Recognise and be able to produce a cross range of quality standard lamb primal cuts
- Follow traceability process and ensure product labelling integrity at all times
- Ensure strict adherence to quality, animal welfare and ethical procedure/policy at all times
- Ensure work is carried out to meet production deadlines
- Seek training to maintain skills and remain up to date with best practice
- Ensure all work carried out is in accordance with department SOP’s.
- Be proactive in minimising waste to produce optimum production yield
- Consistently meet and achieve the customer and site product specifications for quality and presentation
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have some butchery experience gained in a comparable environment preferably with Lamb or Pork/Beef.
- Must be reliable and a team player
- Good communicator
- Must be physically fit
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Able to follow detailed operating procedures with a high degree of attention to detail
- Food Safety Level 2 qualification is desirable but not essential as training will be given
- For skilled candidates you must be able to demonstrate knife skills and have at least two years’ experience in butchery
- For semi-skilled you must be able to demonstrate basic knife skills
- Trainees will be provided with extensive training and have the opportunity to progress quickly
What we offer:
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Life Works – BeWell
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mobile Phone discount
- Help with Child Care costs
- Recruitment Incentive – Refer a Friend
- Car discount scheme
- Computer discount scheme
- Training and Development
- Pure Card
- Grocery Aid Helpline
- Free English Lessons
- Free parking on site
- Training and Development, as you increase your skills level you will be able to increase your hourly rate of pay.
If you are interested call the HR department on 01935874162 or click apply