40 hours, Full Time, Permanent
£30,000 per Annum
Excellent company benefits including Contributory Pension
As a leading Facilities Management company, G4S FM improves the lives of millions of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. We support the efficient delivery of front line services in critical environments for the private sector, national and local government agencies.
At G4S FM our expertise in sectors such as defence, courts and hospitals is second to none. Our success is underpinned by the way we attract, develop and engage with our people, as well as the culture and values that shape the way we work and how our colleagues carry out their roles.
Our values are integral to everything we do. We act with integrity and respect. We are passionate about safety, security and service excellence and we achieve this through innovation and teamwork. We are a sustainable, ethical business and this is key to the ongoing success of G4S FM.
We have an opportunity for a CAD Operator to join our team at Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater.
This is an exciting time to join the G4S Facilities Management Team at Hinkley Point C. We are three years into our ten year contract, working on the largest construction site in Europe.
The first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project’s construction value is predicted to go to UK companies. There are currently over 4,000 workers on site.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. The salary for this role is £30,000 per annum.
As the CAD Operator, you will be working closely with client representatives to create space plan drawing proposals with the use of AUTO CAD LT software as directed. Ensuring the timely production of space plan drawings and to continually review and update existing drawings to ensure accurate records are maintained.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Creation and provision of space plan proposals for new and existing buildings as per the client’s request utilising HPC standard materials and incorporating all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Update all building drawings and ensure that they are of high standard and accuracy at all times
- Work under the direction of Workspace Asset Manager in order to upload and maintain the electronic system in accordance with desk allocation across HPC site.
- Update and maintain master drawings within the client’s document control system and complete the preparation and review process where appropriate.
- Work with the G4S GM HPC site Facilities Team to enable the post holder to create, modify and provide accurate updates following building audits.
- Record fire, muster and first aid assets within building plans and make this information readily available to the Workspace Asset Manager for any and all client and stakeholder engagement.
- General responsive activities as requested by the client FM Workspace Delivery Lead regarding the project portfolio of building assets, highlighting any issues with the space planning and working through to a resolution.
- To support day to day workspace management activities on an ad-hoc basis.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Requirements are:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the active use of AutoCAD LT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to follow instructions.
- Space management experience
- Computer literate
Additional Company Benefits available:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.