Cancer Services Team Leader – 12-14 months FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with great HR, people and team experience to join our cancer services department, supporting the wider management team in managing a busy but brilliant team. If you have great people skills and are looking for an exciting new challenge then we would love to welcome you into our team!
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and focused individual to apply for the role of Cancer Services Team Leader as maternity cover (approx. 14 months).
Ideally you will have experience within cancer services or experience of a busy NHS service, but more importantly we are looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, someone resilient with a great sense of humour, and previous experience of HR policies/procedures and managing or supervising a team. The successful post holder will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills, and the drive and energy to improve the patient experience.
The post offers huge potential for further developing your leadership and management skills in a challenging but supportive setting.
The base for this post is Musgrove Park Hospital, and will involve agile/remote working (working from home)
Working for our organisation
The team members in the Cancer Services department works closely with all the specialties to support patients, in an admin capacity, from the point of GP referral all the way through to cancer treatment.
We work closely as a team, and all is delivered in an atmosphere of professionalism, respect and effective communication.
As an Organisation, the NHS offers many benefits including market leading annual leave entitlement, pension contributions, regular career conversations and NHS discounts via Blue light card.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information about the role please see the Job Description for a detailed look, and/or contact Laura for further information.
Qualifications and Training
- • Good general level of education to degree level or equivalent proven NHS background
- • Computer Literacy (ECDL / RSA) or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with NHS clinical and information processes and systems
- Awareness and basic understanding of Cancer Waiting Time rules
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology, preferably cancer medicine
- Knowledge of HR processes
- Working knowledge of Trust computerised systems
- Expert user of Microsoft Office programmes e.g. Excel, Powerpoint,Outlook
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Personal ability to gain influence within the workplace and motivate other people in order to achieve progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with a wide range of health professionals and as part of a team
- Ability to be diplomatic and able to interact with people at all levels, backgrounds
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proactive and well organised
- Good team worker and strong communicator with a wide range of people
Share this page