Care Assistant Bridgwater
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. We want to support people to live the life they choose. It is the culmination of all things we do that makes us a very special company to work for.
As a Care Assistant working days, you will be closely supporting our customers to enable them to do everything they need to do to live well. All of our Carers work together as part of a team to provide quality care. Essentially, you put the comfort, happiness and safety of our customers first – and do what you can to support them.
A Care Assistant is our most essential role and involves:
- Supporting our customers by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Providing companionship and making someone’s day that little bit easier.
- Undertaking a key worker role, building special relationships with the customer and developing extended relationships with their families and friends.
- Keeping clear and accurate computerised records of the care and support provided.
- Supporting customers in order to improve health and wellbeing in order to maintain contact with family and friends e.g. skype, internet.
- Undertaking practical duties where necessary including cleaning, laundry and helping customers to maintain their social and occupational skills e.g. letter writing, folding clothes and laying tables.
What we need from you:
- A caring, kind and empathetic approach.
- To be passionate about making a difference.
- Good communication skills.
- To work flexibly including alternate weekends.
- A basic level of IT or willingness to undertake basic IT training with support.
Benefits of working as a Care Assistant:
- Working for a home rated as “Good” by the CQC
- Fully Paid Training and Personal Development Plan
- Access Wagestream – so you can now access your earned wages into your bank account before payday if needed.
- Refer a Friend bonus
- Free DBS background check
- Pension contributions
- Exclusive discounts suited to your lifestyle through ‘My Care and Reward’
- Cycle to Work Scheme
No experience is necessary as you will be given full training and support right from the outset.
We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321.
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………