Care Coordinator PCN
The post holder will be responsible for the provision of wide-ranging and efficient support to West Mendip Primary Care Network. They will work with the PCN to proactively identify and work with care home residents according the PCN DES specification for Enhanced Health in Care Homes and provide coordination and navigation of care across health and other care services.
The Care Coordinator will liaise with the care homes directly to establish a two-way relationship to represent residents at the weekly MDT meetings on behalf of the PCN.
Main duties of the job
- Enhanced Primary and Community support
- MDT support co-ordinating Health and Social Care
- Working across different practices and with falls prevention teams (reablement and rehabilitation) and the care homes
- Co-ordinating high quality palliative and end of life care, mental health and dementia care
- Input into helping develop joined up commissioning and collaboration between health and social care
- Workforce development and IT
- Working in a patient facing role, responsible for a caseload of patients identified through MDT meetings
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines.
You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
This role is intended to become an integral part of the PCN’s multidisciplinary team, working alongside social prescribing link workers and health and wellbeing coaches to provide an all-encompassing approach to personalised care and promoting and embedding the personalised care approach across the PCN.
Please note that the role of a Care Coordinator is not a Clinical role.
Experience in Health & Social care
- Years of experience