Case Builder – Bristol
Are you looking to join a team of experienced members of the police family where all striving toward the betterment of Criminal Justice process and force wide performance?
Are you ready to play a pivotal role within Criminal Justice ensuring that Case Files are prepared thoroughly and in line with the timescales?
Are you passionate about legislation compliance, accuracy and efficiency in everything you do at work?
If the answers are ‘yes’ to the above questions then this role is exactly for you!
The main purpose of this role is compiling evidence and supporting documentation in the preparation of prosecution files and enabling our officers and our partners to deal with cases promptly and effectively to improve the service victims, witnesses and suspects receive from the Criminal Justice process.
In this role your main responsibilities will be:
– Build prosecution files for court through the compilation of evidence and supporting documentation in accordance with Home Office Guidance.
– Interrogate computer systems and databases to obtain information relating to the case.
– Liaise with the officer in the case and determine the assistance to be provided and proceed accordingly.
– Co-ordinate with the Crown Prosecution Service and manage expectations in relation to the timescales for delivery.
– Make enquiries with external agencies to obtain evidence and relevant documents.
– Use knowledge of role and the wider Criminal Justice function to identify problems with the delivery of the case file and establish suitable solutions through proactive communication to relevant parties.
Skills and experience required:
– Ability to work to policy, procedures and guidance
– Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadline
– Attention to detail
– Computer literate and ability to research using computer systems to retrieve information
– Experience of communicating orally and in writing
– Proven ability to make informed decisions
– Experience of administration tasks
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Bristol, Bridewell Police Station Bristol – BS1 2AA
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.