South Somerset District Council
Case Officer (Community Safety)
Salary: £23,080 – £25,991 pro rata
Job Type: Fixed term
Hours Up to 22.2 per week
Closing Date: 26/01/2022 5:00 PM
Job ref: 2033
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Officer to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Community Safety team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Fixed Term Until 31/3/23
What we’re looking for…
An interesting and exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Community Safety team. Reporting to a Service Delivery Team Leader you will be responsible for a range of tasks to support Community Safety, such as assisting with the interview under caution process, interview transcription, and ensuring that evidence from such are handled in a manner so that it is admissible in court.
- You will need to be highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be supporting projects designed to improve community safety outcomes, e.g. Safe Space, new public space protection orders.
- You will support the work associated with Civil Injunctions in order to discourage anti-social behaviour.
- You will maintain the ‘Body worn video camera’ database. Supporting the use of the camera, including training and ensuring that the equipment is maintained. Keeping the list of registered users up to date, and ensuring that data keep complies with GDPR requirements.
- You will assist with the compiling of disclosure documents.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
Please contact Sam Wenden-de-Lira, People Manager – Service Delivery on 01935 462346, or Paul Huntington, Specialist -Compliance and Enforcement on 01935 462532 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
In the application, please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
South Somerset is committed to the safety of its residents, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.