South Somerset District Council
Case Officer x 2 – Crematorium (Bereavement Services)
Salary: Grade 3 £20,092 up to £22,183 (pro rata)
Job Type: Permanent
Hours Up to 28 hours per week
Closing Date: 26/01/2022 5:00 PM
Job ref: 2035
We have an exciting opportunity for two Case Officers to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Bereavement Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we’re looking for…
- You will need a good level of fitness as this can be a physically demanding role
- Skills or transferrable skills within grounds maintenance, chapel services and the crematory in order to maintain our quality service provision – previous experience is preferred but training will be offered to the right candidate
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Someone with a flexible, adaptable approach
Please contact John Ranger, Specialist Operations Manager on 01935 476718 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.