Category Buyer – Packaging
We’re recruiting for a Category Buyer to join our team and lead the procurement of packaging and Kitchen consumables through developing long term sustainable relationships with suppliers in line with our brand values and sourcing policy, whilst achieving financial value for the business.
What you’d be doing
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the procurement of packaging and kitchen consumables across Bigham’s to include sourcing in line with our brand values and managing supply to our Kitchens
- Build and manage category plans for each supply base; being our in-house subject expert, with an eye on future market developments to keep us at the forefront of the category in terms of both innovation and environmental impact.
- Manage, as necessary, internal communication in relation to changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply issues
- Proactively manage supplier contract renewals and lead supplier performance reviews to support continuous improvement through the supply base
- Own projects in order to improve supply and purchasing activity, in particular supporting the growth of the procurement function with the business.
- Maintain up to date supplier details, pricing information, contracts and supply base contacts, ensuring they are accessible to internal customers and any changes are notified in accordance with agreed processes
- Provide general support to the Head of Procurement including supplier correspondence, sourcing samples, attendance at meetings and recording supplier performance.
What you’ll bring to the table
We’re looking for someone who is a confident communicator with the ability to develop relationships both internally and externally. You’ll be commercially astute and an experienced negotiator with a strong quality focus and the desire to deliver the right long term results.
Requisite experience and skills for this role are:
- Previous experience of packaging procurement, preferably in a food business
- Degree qualified in business management, supply chain management or similar
- Good level of numeracy with demonstrable understanding of an organisation’s financial performance
- Strong analytical skills and experienced problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to set and manage own priorities
- Competent user of MS Office and MS project/Planner/SharePoint Online
- Experience of project management and preference for working collaboratively to deliver goals
What we can offer you
First and foremost, we’re offering a fellow foodie the chance to join an innovative and fast-growing company that values and rewards the great people in its teams. You’ll receive a 360° Bigham’s induction, to understand how every department contributes to the business, access to the Bigham’s Academy to progress your career, plus a competitive salary.
This role could be based at our award winning Quarry Kitchen, tucked away in the Somerset countryside yet easily accessible from Bristol & Bath or our London Kitchen, which is just 20 minutes from central London on the tube. Wherever you’re based you’ll have access to our modern on-site facilities, a subsidised café and will be amongst an energetic and quality focussed team.
Other benefits include:
- Monthly team incentives
- Career support in creating an individual PDP via the Bigham’s Academy
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Life insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Bigham’s discounts for hundreds of popular retail and dining outlets
Given our passion for food, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we have a fantastic team cafeteria, serving fresh subsidised meals daily. And you’ll even have the chance to take home lots of Charlie Bigham’s dishes to enjoy with family and friends. We also organise team outings, sporting tournaments and take part in community and charity events.
Strictly no agencies please, our chosen PSL partners will be contacted.
Share this job