The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Somerset Larder are recruiting for a Catering Assistant to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Salary: £9.30 per hour
- To serve meals, snacks & drinks including taking payments.
- To clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- To carry out and record any checks specified by the Unit Manager, Catering Manager, Front of House Manager.
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H & S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- To assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- COSHH Training
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points
- Good organisational skills.
- Good inter personal skills including clear concise communication.
- Customer Care and Customer Service experience, preferably in a Catering environment – candidate must have the ability to communicate positively and confidently about Somerset Larder and HPC Contract to our consumers and clients.
- Able to work under pressure, against timeline and sometimes changing information.
- Problem solving skills, ability to see the ‘end game’ and work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
- Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- Ordered, organised and able to work well within the different environments of each of the service and supply elements of the HPC Contract.
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude, as at times work streams rapidly change and can be testing in terms of challenging understanding.
- Ability to use and understand Cash, Cash Handling, EPOS and Cashless systems.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.