Cath Lab Support Worker
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Musgrove Park Hospital is looking to recruit a full time Support Worker to join our team in assisting with the cleaning services of our busy Cardiology department.
The cardiology department is made up of 3 cardiac cath labs which operate like a theatre environment and need regular and high level cleaning to prevent infection for our patients. We have a large outpatient department and our own day unit which also require cleaning services. We also have a range of clinic rooms and procedure spaces and a number of offices all of which require daily cleaning support.
The support worker team currently shares this work load out on a daily basis to ensure all tasks are completed. The department operates on a Monday- Friday basis from 8am in the morning and until 8pm in the evening. Staff will need to be flexible in working a variety of shifts Earlys and Lates in order to ensure the cleaning services can be provided over our core operational hours. The support worker team work very closely with a range of other health care professionals within this environment, so the successful candidate will become part of the wider cardiology team.
Main duties of the job
This position will require you to work as part of a team and be responsible for the day to day cleaning duties that you are allocated within the department and will involve working to a high standard. You must be a good team player and be flexible with your approach to work. Please see
the attached job description for a further description of typical tasks for this role.
Ideally we are looking for someone with cleaning experience and someone who has worked in a team before and can work using their own initiative. You will also need to be able to work under pressure/ time constraints with good communication skills and be physically able to complete a range of cleaning tasks. We would consider someone without cleaning experience for the right candidate, full training and orientation to the department will be provided.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Ensure all bed spaces in the day unit are cleaned daily, following cleaning procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all clinic rooms and patient waiting areas used throughout the day.
- Dispose of refuse appropriately, enabling the hospital to remain clean and tidy.
- Clean and restock the patient and staff toilets several times a day.
- Keep clean and restock the kitchen areas throughout the day.
- Collect and or deliver medical notes, blood samples or any medical equipment within the hospital.
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- • Previous experience as cleaner or non-clinical support worker.
- • Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, systems and regulations gained through induction and on the job training or equivalent experience.
- • Previous experience working within a hospital environment.
- Previous cleaning experience within a large organisation.