Somerset Larder are recruiting for a Chef to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Salary: £11.60 per hour
- Carry out all on site catering activities under the direction of the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food is produced on time to the required quality standards.
- To prepare & serve food at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure the all kitchen facilities and all equipment is cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in planning menu’s and food provision in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To organise and/or carry out production staff training
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To ensure incoming raw materials and packaging is delivered in accordance with specifications and is stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To advise relevant managers of planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Trend analysis of customer complaints should be carried out in conjunction with Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in the preparation of the relevant aspects of the company budget.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
Qualifications & Experience:
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2, NVQ Level 2 or Commis Chef Level 2.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Basic COSHH
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including clear concise communication.
- Relevant catering experience commensurate with position
- Cooking experience of fresh foods
- Experience of Food Safety Management/ HACCP systems operation
- Able to work under pressure, against timeline and sometimes changing information.
- Problem solving skills, ability to see the ‘end game’ and work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
- Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- Ordered, organised and able to work well within the different environments of each of the service and supply elements of the HPC Contract.
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude, as at times work streams rapidly change and can be testing in terms of challenging understanding.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community