Childcare Apprenticeship opportunity in Frome.
A fantastic opportunity to work as a nursery assistant, working with young children. As a nursery assistant you would support the team and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
This is a great opportunity to work in a Nursery in Frome.
Key areas for the apprentice:
- Learning the role of a Childcare team member (key carer)
- Support personal care & assist with daily routine, whilst considering children’s welfare and gaining feedback
- Help produce observations/assessments for learning journeys – report writing
- Assisting with daily planning
- Carry out risk assessment
Requirements and prospects
- You will have the skills in establishing positive relationships with children, parents / carers and other staff members to provide a nurturing environment
- You will be involved with planning, assessing and delivering the EYFS
- You need to be friendly and reliable with good communication skills (including literacy)
- You need the ability, enthusiasm and energy to work as part of a team.
You must hold a GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above in either English or maths.
Possibility to progress onto Level 3 becoming a Nursery Nurse and having more supervisory responsibility.