Children’s Social Worker Safeguarding South Somerset
Somerset County Council have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join our South Somerset team. We are passionate about improving the outcomes for our most vulnerable young people and families in Somerset to encourage positive change.
We have successfully embedded the innovative Family Safeguarding model; working alongside adult-focussed practitioners you will be able to access interventon and advice in the specialist areas of substance misuse, domestic abuse, and mental health, to inform assessments and plans. You will also be able to access expertise in child exploitation from the Wider Safeguarding Team, to address this growing area of need.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Manageable caseloads will let you be the innovative and creative social worker you want to be – a key part of this is supporting direct work with children to hear their voice and understand their experiences. You will work with parents, the wider family network and whole system in a strengths-based way to support change. With permanent Team Managers, Consultant Social Workers and an established senior leadership team you’ll be well supported with regular and reflective supervision.
What we can offer you…
- A friendly supportive learning culture with an approachable and experienced leadership team
- On-site parking!
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- CPD with a strong focus on systemic and relationship-based practice
- Local Government pension scheme
- Team and service away days to support a strong healthy working culture
- A kind, caring and supportive environment!
- A variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- Support to develop your career to achieve your goals
- A flexible benefits package including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
A few things about you
What we’re looking for…
You will be passionate about relationship-based social work, proud of your profession, and able to reflect and think creatively about how you can build relationships to make a difference to children and families. You will need to be a qualified social worker registered with Social Work England and have experience working with children and families in social work.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, within a team who are passionate about the work that they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We’re supporting flexible working arrangements and our offices meet the Covid-19 Secure standards.
We’re using risk assessments and where needed, PPE to protect our social workers. Good technology is provided to help you stay connected to your team and manager through virtual meetings, team check-ins and service sessions.
The team for South Somerset are based in Yeovil, although we are very open to flexible working options. You will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle as travel is required.
Due to the importance of the role we recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we anticipate conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
For an informal chat about roles within our assessment team please contact Richard Sprott RZSprott@somerset.gov.uk.
The salary is £30,451 to £34,728 per annum.
Please note this post requires a criminal check via the disclosure procedure.
Share this page