St James Church
St James Church is seeking a Church Administrator to be responsible for the operational functions of the church to support its front-line ministry.
You are happy to carry out a role that contributes towards the promotion of the values and tradition of the St James church community
The successful applicant will:
- Oversee and develop the ministry of the church office and its systems as an efficient, welcoming and effective centre of the church’s organisational life for office holders (paid and unpaid), members and visitors.
- Act as the central reference point for church members for all information, data storage and internal messaging, implementing the church’s strategy on communication via spoken word, print, email, web and social media.
- Manage the letting scheme of the church, building and maintaining excellent relations with all hirers and room users so that the church makes a positive impact for Christ in the local community.
- Support and protect the Vicar as required in an PA role, so he is released to focus on his priority ministries. This is to be achieved through partial diary management, communications on his behalf, reminders of deadlines and other forms of administrative back-up, in particular in support for Sunday services.
- You are proficient in the use of website, social media, technology/design and church management suite (Churchsuite).
- You have excellent working knowledge of Office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- You have an ability to manage and cope with change and the unpredictable.
- You have an eye for the big picture as well as the daily detail.
- You love taking initiatives that improve the efficiency of an organisation.
- You are an excellent planner and scheduler, being able to prioritise well.
- Hours : 24 hours a week
- Salary: £10.50 – £11.50 p/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Holiday: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Deadline for applications: Monday 19th April 2021 at 5pm & Interviews taking place w/c 3 rd May 2021.
For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job